Sunday, December 30, 2007

in the dark


This picture has a cool story to it. I'd recommend to expand the pic to see the little guy in it better. Well, one evening I drove by this house which is in the next street where I live. I wanted to take a pic of that red lighted tree, cause it just looks fantastic in the night. Anyway, I was sitting in the car, ready to take my picture as my 20 month old son announces "Doggie!" from the backseat. And sure thing, all of the sudden there was a "dog" in my camera display. I put the camera aside and looked to the tree and couldn't believe my eyes. It was a fox! He seemed glued on the spot, but after a few seconds I saw what had gotten his attention. A tiny bunny...and sure thing the fox took off and chased that poor little bunny through the street! It was amazing to see, cause now I live aboout a 20 minute drive from the mountains, in a newer development. Behind my neighboorhood there is nothing but plains, and we are mostly surrounded by a wall. So I really was stunned seeing a fox at 7pm chasing a bunny in the street. But what a great pic it made, huh? :o)

2 comments:

Annie said...

What an interesting story. I didn't even see the Fox until I read your post! How exciting, although I wonder how the story ends for the rabbit...?

Jim Klenke said...

The tree looks neat, the fox looks great. I have never seen one up close like that, how cool.

Locations of visitors to this page